• European Elections 2024

From Arelor@618:250/24 to All on Sat Jun 15 16:06:57 2024
    Hello there,

I find it very interesting that nobody has mentioned anything yet about the results of the European Elections.

For those who don't know, the summary is the left took a heavy blow. So-called far-right has increased its presence quite a bit. So-called moderate right are the winners and are planning to reach an agreement with the moderate left to build the European Parliament.

It sounds very good on paper, but in practice I think it is like you vote Republican, Republicans win by a slim margin, and then Republicans appoint the Democrat candidate vice-president because stability and things. I'd probably feel betrayed, but whatever.

Macron's party did so bad that they are calling for national elections in France ahead of schedule.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (618:250/24)
  • From Mike Powell@618:250/10 to Arelor on Mon Jun 17 08:03:27 2024
    For those who don't know, the summary is the left took a heavy blow. So-called far-right has increased its presence quite a bit. So-called moderate right are the winners and are planning to reach an agreement
    with the moderate left to build the European Parliament.

I had not heard about this. Interesting.

I did see an article last week that noted how a lot of the "more left" EU countries had been allowing a lot of Muslims into their countries which
    had an unintended consequence. The Muslims are usually more conservative
    than the European populations and are not very open to a lot of their "inclusion" policies when it comes to LGBTQ+. So, they vote more conservatively.

The article warned that these open-minded countries might be in for a
    shock over the next several years as the Muslim populations grow larger.

Mike

--- Talisman v0.53-dev (Linux/armv7l)
    * Origin: possumso.fsxnet.nz * telnet:24/ssh:2122/ftelnet:80 (618:250/10)
  • From Arelor@618:250/24 to Mike Powell on Sun Jun 30 18:38:14 2024
    Re: European Elections 2024
    By: Mike Powell to Arelor on Mon Jun 17 2024 08:03 am

I did see an article last week that noted how a lot of the "more left" EU countries had been allowing a lot of Muslims into their countries which
    had an unintended consequence. The Muslims are usually more conservative than the European populations and are not very open to a lot of their "inclusion" policies when it comes to LGBTQ+. So, they vote more conservatively.

It was a bit worse than that. It isn't that left-wing parties promoted the arrival of muslims. They became political allies, which is a travesty. You'd see parties backed by homosexuals and feminists accept muslims within their ranks and endorse Islam politically, as if Islam was kinder to homosexuals and women than Christian traditionalists.

There was a meme floating around the Internet about it:

Man: "I think women belong to the kitchen and that homosexuals must be hanged." Woman: "You are such an evil fascist!"
    Man: "I am not a fascist, I am a muslim."
    Woman: "Oh, it's ok, then. Don't mistake me for an islamophobe."

--
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@618:250/1 to ARELOR on Mon Jul 1 09:02:00 2024
    I did see an article last week that noted how a lot of the "more left" EU countries had been allowing a lot of Muslims into their countries which had an unintended consequence. The Muslims are usually more conservative than the European populations and are not very open to a lot of their "inclusion" policies when it comes to LGBTQ+. So, they vote more conservatively.

It was a bit worse than that. It isn't that left-wing parties promoted the arrival of muslims. They became political allies, which is a travesty. You'd see parties backed by homosexuals and feminists accept muslims within their ranks and endorse Islam politically, as if Islam was kinder to homosexuals and
    women than Christian traditionalists.

Understood. Apparently this writer is pointing out that those same
    arrivals are now voting conservative. Caught some news about French
    election results this morning. Sounds like conservatives are picking up momentum in France.

Mike

* SLMR 2.1a * ))))) TAKE A MINUTE TO THANK YOUR SYSOP (((((
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (618:250/1)
  • From Arelor@618:250/24 to Mike Powell on Mon Jul 1 10:55:55 2024
    Re: European Elections 2024
    By: Mike Powell to ARELOR on Mon Jul 01 2024 09:02 am

Understood. Apparently this writer is pointing out that those same
    arrivals are now voting conservative. Caught some news about French election results this morning. Sounds like conservatives are picking up momentum in France.

Yeah, I have heard so about France too. Muslims used to back Macron, or at least did las time. I could believe Muslims who already reside in France are voting Le Pen (Conservatives +++) if just for preventing more immigration from arriving XD

--
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux