• Re: LynxOS vs Linux

From eager.mike@gmail.com@110:300/11 to All on Sun Sep 8 15:26:36 2013
    Vik Sohal wrote:
    Linux certainly has many advantages from a general purpose OS standpoint >over LynxOS, but make no mistake, it is a public domain product,
    supported by people who work on it in their spare time. LynxOS, on the >other hand is maintained by a lot of dedicated people who work very hard
    to ensure that it remains the best real-time OS in the industry.

It's fine to promote your company's product and trash talk Linux (including Blue Cat Linux?) but let's keep to the facts.

Linux is not public domain. It is Open Source and distributed under the GPLv2 license.

The majority of people who work on Linux, especially the kernel, are employed to do so full time, not working on it as a hobby in their spare time. Contributors work for IBM, RedHat, Google, Intel, Nokia, and hundreds of other companies.

I don't know whether LynxOS is the "best reat-time OS in the industry," I'm sure that others make similar claims. I do know that there are many more people who work on Linux development than are employed at LynxWorks, perhaps by
    two orders of magnitude.

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.0 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: The Kofo System II BBS telnet://fido2.kofobbs. (110:300/11@linuxnet)
  • From himanshu.sachan24@gmail.com@110:300/11 to All on Sun Jul 6 03:45:22 2014
    Linux is a operating system but lynx is a text only browser

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux-i386)
    * Origin: The Kofo System II BBS telnet://fido2.kofobbs. (110:300/11@linuxnet)