• Dog Feet and power strips don't mix well...

From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to All on Wed Aug 19 11:59:36 2015
    This morning we noticed a mouse infiltrate our home Lol...Ron said he caught a glimpse of it running and wasn't sure where it went..

My kitty's are standing around "on guard" but haven't decided where he is right
    now...Lulu is standing guard at the bathroom door (it must have gone in there early on).

After a bit, Indy and Sophie, our dogs, caught the scent and ran to my desk. Now you can probably imagine the number of wires, cabling and such around and under my desk.. so Indy decided IT'S HERE!! under my desk and started yanking out wires and cables as much as he could with his paws to get at it (unsuccessfully)..

He pawed the power strip until he shut it off at the power switch.. suddenly our internet was "gone" darn it... (of course, the router and cable modem need the juice Lol).

Once I noticed the problem I switched stuff back on and now we're trying to figure how we're gonna get this mousey guy out.. darn ...

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-2
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
  • From Sean Dennis@1:18/200 to Janis Kracht on Wed Aug 19 22:06:28 2015
    Janis Kracht wrote to All <=-

Once I noticed the problem I switched stuff back on and now we're
    trying to figure how we're gonna get this mousey guy out.. darn ...

It's The Great Mouse Hunt(tm)! :D

--Sean

P.S. Be glad you have just mice. I evidently now have roaches in here that followed from the house via the refrigerator I have in here. Needless to
    say, I've been using Combat Gold to kill the buggers off.

--- MultiMail/Linux v0.50
    * Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net * Johnson City, TN (1:18/200)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Sean Dennis on Thu Aug 20 00:47:02 2015
    Janis Kracht wrote to All <=-

Once I noticed the problem I switched stuff back on and now we're
    trying to figure how we're gonna get this mousey guy out.. darn ...

It's The Great Mouse Hunt(tm)! :D

hahaha yeah :). I think Lulu got it finally. Ron went out to pick up pizzas for us for dinner and he said he saw a dead mouse in the driveway. Good kitty :) :)

P.S. Be glad you have just mice. I evidently now have roaches in here that followed from the house via the refrigerator I have in here. Needless to say, I've been using Combat Gold to kill the buggers off.

Sounds good. I hope you can get rid of them all.. who needs those guys around :)

Take care,
    Janis

• From Robert E Starr JR@1:340/400 to Janis Kracht on Thu Aug 20 12:51:00 2015
    In a reply from Janis Kracht on 11:59 about Dog Feet and power strips

He pawed the power strip until he shut it off at the power switch.. suddenly our internet was "gone" darn it... (of course, the router and cable modem need the juice Lol).

sound like you need to put the modem's & and hubs on it own power (ie ups) http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/141868/APC-BackUPS-BGE70-3-Outlet-Home/

---
    Rob Starr
    Lord Time SysOp of Time Warp of the Future BBS
    telnet://time.synchro.net:24
    ICQ # 11868133 Yahoo : lordtime2000
    AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time
    Jabber : lordtime2000@gmail.com Astra : lord_time

■ CMPQwk 1.42-R2 16554 ■ "Bugger! Now I'ev got to wait for one of them to wake up!" -- Marcus
    * Origin: Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 (1:340/400)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Robert E Starr JR on Thu Aug 20 16:11:44 2015
    In a reply from Janis Kracht on 11:59 about Dog Feet and power strips

He pawed the power strip until he shut it off at the power switch..
    suddenly our internet was "gone" darn it... (of course, the router and
    cable modem need the juice Lol).

sound like you need to put the modem's & and hubs on it own power (ie ups) http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/141868/APC-BackUPS-BGE70-3-Outlet-Home/

True, that would help <grin>

• From Robert E Starr JR@1:340/400 to Janis Kracht on Thu Aug 20 15:05:53 2015
    He pawed the power strip until he shut it off at the power switch..
    suddenly our internet was "gone" darn it... (of course, the router and >> cable modem need the juice Lol).

sound like you need to put the modem's & and hubs on it own power (ie ups) http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/141868/APC-BackUPS-BGE70-3-Outlet-Ho me/

True, that would help <grin>

yep, I happen to see that one at office depot tuesday (8/18/15) and thought that neat, when I was getting one for another computer here, but mine main part (modem & 16 port hub) and my main printer & bbs computer & monitor & my wireless 4 port hub, is on a big ups with software that will take most power outages

---

Rob Starr
    Lord Time SysOp of
    Time Warp of the Future BBS
    Telnet://Time.Darktech.Org:24 or
    Telnet://Time.Synchro.Net:24 (qwk or ftn & e-mail)
    ICQ # 11868133 or # 70398519 Jabber : lordtime2000@gmail.com
    Yahoo : lordtime2000 AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time
    Astra : lord_time X-Box : Lord Time 2000 oovoo : lordtime2000
    * Origin: Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 (1:340/400)
  • From Sean Dennis@1:18/200 to Janis Kracht on Sun Aug 23 02:54:22 2015
    Hi Janis,

Sounds good. I hope you can get rid of them all.. who needs those guys around :)

I've been using this microtorch I have and roasting the buggers alive when I catch them. :D

I think the heat is getting to Felix...he's, uh, had the runs the past few days. :( He's not complaining though.

--Sean

--- MultiMail/Linux v0.50
    * Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net * Johnson City, TN (1:18/200)