• Sensitive skin

From Sean Dennis@1:18/200 to All on Tue Aug 11 16:22:36 2015
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that I purchased a Bayer Soresto (?) flea/tick collar for Felix and it works -great-. Best $50 I've spent on medicine for a long time: the fleas stopped bothering him with in 24 hours. The nice part: it's guaranteed for 8 months to be 100% effective the first month, 99.7% effective for seven months.

There is a side effect though...poor Felix is itching again all over and I know it's not fleas.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do for him/get for him to alleviate the itching? I feel like a bad petdad when he's scratching himself like that. :(

--Sean

--- ProBoard v2.17 [Reg]
    * Origin: Outpost BBS * Johnson City, TN, USA * bbs.outpostbbs.net (1:18/200)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Sean Dennis on Tue Aug 11 18:19:00 2015
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that I purchased a Bayer Soresto (?) flea/tick collar for Felix and it works -great-. Best $50 I've spent on medicine for a long time: the fleas stopped bothering him with in 24 hours. The nice part: it's guaranteed for 8 months to be 100% effective the first month, 99.7% effective for seven months.

There is a side effect though...poor Felix is itching again all over and I kno
    it's not fleas.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do for him/get for him to alleviat >the itching? I feel like a bad petdad when he's scratching himself like that.
    :(

Hmm... could be from the bites I guess before you got the flea collar? or ticks? Is he losing hair? I think that is also a skin condition..

Take care,
    janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-2
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12.73 to Sean Dennis on Wed Aug 12 13:15:46 2015

11 Aug 15 16:22, you wrote to All:

I wanted to let you all know that I purchased a Bayer Soresto (?) flea/tick collar for Felix and it works -great-. Best $50 I've spent
    on medicine for a long time: the fleas stopped bothering him with in
    24 hours. The nice part: it's guaranteed for 8 months to be 100%
    effective the first month, 99.7% effective for seven months.

wow!

There is a side effect though...poor Felix is itching again all over
    and I know it's not fleas.

healing of existing bites? red bugs? dry skin? allergic reaction to something with the new collar? maybe it is too strong for him?

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do for him/get for him to alleviate the itching? I feel like a bad petdad when he's scratching himself like that. :(

benydryl is the first thought but you should check with your vet and see what they say about the itching cause and possible solutions...

)\/(ark

... We have no other industry. Sobi
    ---
    * Origin: (1:3634/12.73)
  • From Tim Richardson@1:275/93 to sean dennis on Fri Aug 21 13:44:22 2015

Try feeding the dog grain free food. There are any number of those on
    the market. And they come with chicken, duck, beef, even Bison products.

The cost depends probably on where you live. Here on the West coast you
    pay from 10 to 16 dollars for a 4 pound bag of grain free dog food.

Back in the Eastern states, New England especially, you'll probably pay
    more. A dog that stays with me on occasion (not mine, someone else's)
    has some sort of allergy to grain-based dog foods. Breaking out..itching,
    the only thing that makes it go away is grain free foods.
    --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
    * Origin: Telnet://valhalla.synchro.net - Richmond, Virginia (1:275/93)