• Help

From Barry Davis Jr@1:300/5 to All on Sat Jul 2 00:07:54 2016
    I know this is a far stretch, but am needing help. My mini schnauzer is
    having some kidney or urinary problems. Blood in urine (not all the time)
    and she is going a lot (even if it is a dribble) but I cant afford a costly
    vet visit right now. We have had her since she was 4 months old she is currently 7.

If anyone can help or share this link it would be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/2ccpc6k

Barry G. Davis, Jr.
    SysOp - BGD Consulting and Graphics
    telnet://bgdcag.synchro.net:2332
    http://www.bgdcag.biz
    http://bgdcag.synchro.net
    --- SBBSecho 2.33-Win32
    * Origin: BGDCAG BBS bgdcag.synchro.net:2332 (1:300/5)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Barry Davis Jr on Sat Jul 2 03:29:10 2016
    I know this is a far stretch, but am needing help. My mini schnauzer is having some kidney or urinary problems. Blood in urine (not all the time) and she is going a lot (even if it is a dribble) but I cant afford a costly vet visit right now. We have had her since she was 4 months old she is currently 7.

Call your local humane society... some Vets will try to help you regardless of the situation and the cost. Hopefully a vet will help you and delay paying,etc... or not charge you.

Blood in the urine is bad...it could be cancer.. but most likely it is fixable.. see first if a vet will help you out at the humane society because it
    could be as simple as a urinary tract infection (especially females) which the vet can fix with a "cheap" antibiotic.. yeah nothing is cheap these days but I'm hoping the one your vet wants to use isn't insanely expensive...

If it is see if you can get an online or paper(written) prescription from the vet that you can fill at a place like 1-800-petmeds where everything is discounted. I had to do that once and the vet wasn't happy (he wasn't making $$ on the meds) but he knew at the time we couldn't swing the cost for the antibiotic or the med.. it was like over 100 bux to fill that painkiller prescripion.

Good luck and I hope your girl does ok :)

Take care,
    Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-2
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
  • From Barry Davis Jr@1:300/5 to Janis Kracht on Sat Jul 2 03:26:00 2016
    Janis Kracht wrote to Barry Davis Jr <=-

I know this is a far stretch, but am needing help. My mini schnauzer is having some kidney or urinary problems. Blood in urine (not all the time) and she is going a lot (even if it is a dribble) but I cant afford a costly vet visit right now. We have had her since she was 4 months old she is currently 7.

Call your local humane society... some Vets will try to help you regardless of the situation and the cost. Hopefully a vet will help
    you and delay paying,etc... or not charge you.

Blood in the urine is bad...it could be cancer.. but most likely it is fixable.. see first if a vet will help you out at the humane society because it could be as simple as a urinary tract infection (especially females) which the vet can fix with a "cheap" antibiotic.. yeah nothing
    is cheap these days but I'm hoping the one your vet wants to use isn't insanely expensive...

If it is see if you can get an online or paper(written) prescription
    from the vet that you can fill at a place like 1-800-petmeds where everything is discounted. I had to do that once and the vet wasn't
    happy (he wasn't making $$ on the meds) but he knew at the time we couldn't swing the cost for the antibiotic or the med.. it was like
    over 100 bux to fill that painkiller prescripion.

Good luck and I hope your girl does ok :)

Take care,
    Janis

Thanks Janis, cant do anything until Tue because of the holiday. She doesnt show any signs of being in pain and plays and eats/drinks fine.

... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
    === MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    --- SBBSecho 2.33-Win32
  • From Allen Prunty@1:2320/100 to Barry Davis Jr on Sun Jul 3 00:53:40 2016
    Check your local phone book for rescue groups... they help the disabled with vet bills. A local rescue group here helped me with my pet's vet bills when Annie started bleeding blood. Mind you Annie was a kittie not a dog.

She had crystals in her bladder. Make sure your pet is drinking plenty of clean water. I have to put distilled water down for my kitties now because Louisville's water goes through limestone pipes causes hella kidney problems for the pets.

I clean the water dish twice daily with fresh water.

Make sure she's drinking plenty and get her to the vet as quickly as possible. SOme vets will take payments if you explain the situation.

Allen

/\llen

... Failure is the path of least persistance.
    --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5
    * Origin: LiveWire International - Planet Earth - LiveWire BBS. (1:2320/100)
  • From Barry Davis Jr@1:300/5 to Allen Prunty on Sun Jul 3 02:37:00 2016
    Allen Prunty wrote to Barry Davis Jr <=-

Check your local phone book for rescue groups... they help the disabled with vet bills. A local rescue group here helped me with my pet's vet bills when Annie started bleeding blood. Mind you Annie was a kittie
    not a dog.

She had crystals in her bladder. Make sure your pet is drinking plenty
    of clean water. I have to put distilled water down for my kitties now because Louisville's water goes through limestone pipes causes hella kidney problems for the pets.

I clean the water dish twice daily with fresh water.

Make sure she's drinking plenty and get her to the vet as quickly as possible. SOme vets will take payments if you explain the situation.

Allen

/\llen

You know that makes sense about the water... where I live just north of Ames Iowa there is a limestone mine between the where I live and Ames. I will have to try the distilled water as well for her.
    ... So easy, a child could do it. Child sold separately.
    --- SBBSecho 2.33-Win32
  • From Allen Prunty@1:2320/100 to Barry Davis Jr on Sun Jul 3 19:40:28 2016

On Jul 03, 2016 02:42am, Barry Davis Jr wrote to Allen Prunty:

You know that makes sense about the water... where I live just north
    of Ames Iowa there is a limestone mine between the where I live and
    Ames. I will have to try the distilled water as well for her.

My last signifigant other was a vetrinarian and she was pretty big on giving our animals distilled water. She said that the floride and chlorine in out tap water is ok for humans but because of their smaller bodies it is a much higher concentration for them.

She also said that our animals are more likely to get sick from second hand smoke, medications and etc because of the same reason they are smaller and it's harder on them because thier systems are so much smaller than ours.

I keep distilled for my kitties though and I haven't had problems with annie since. I don't feed her that hellatiously expensive urinary diet and she hasn't had a problem since. I also bought a pet-flow fountain and the moving water attracts them and the pets drink more.

Allen

___ ____

... When in darkness, or in doubt. Run in circles, scream and shout.
    --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5
    * Origin: LiveWire International - Planet Earth - LiveWire BBS. (1:2320/100)
  • From Allen Prunty@1:2320/100 to Barry Davis Jr on Tue Jul 5 22:35:15 2016
    On 07/02/16, Barry Davis Jr said the following...

Thanks Janis, cant do anything until Tue because of the holiday. She doesnt show any signs of being in pain and plays and eats/drinks fine.

How is your Dog doing Barry? I've been thinking about you guys today... had
    a brutal day at the doctor's office myself.

Allen

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A25 (Windows)
    * Origin: International LiveWire - livewirebbs.com (1:2320/100)
  • From Barry Davis Jr@1:300/5 to Allen Prunty on Wed Jul 6 01:59:00 2016

On 07/02/16, Barry Davis Jr said the following...

How is your Dog doing Barry? I've been thinking about you guys
    today... had a brutal day at the doctor's office myself.

Allen

Still cant get her to the vet :( Money is very tight here since wife was laid off a few months ago. I am checking a place about 45 min from where I am that supposedly has payment plans. I hope that works for me. Just wish I could get some people to help with the gofundme I setup but I can also do paypal.

On other note... had to go to the Dr myself (thanks goodness for no copay) to get on a high blood pressure med. I hate taking meds lol even Tylanol or Motrin.

... Ever get the feeling your guardian angel is laughing?
    --- SBBSecho 2.33-Win32
  • From Allen Prunty@1:2320/100 to Barry Davis Jr on Tue Jul 12 14:19:03 2016
    On 07/06/16, Barry Davis Jr said the following...

Still cant get her to the vet :( Money is very tight here since wife
    was laid off a few months ago. I am checking a place about 45 min from where I am that supposedly has payment plans. I hope that works for me. Just wish I could get some people to help with the gofundme I setup but
    I can also do paypal.

Did you ever get your do to the vet? How did things come out. If I had some extra funds I would gladly send them. My friend who is a vet said to look
    for a charity called "My Dog Eats First" they can give you some dog food to help with expenses then you use the money that you would have spent on food
    for the vet.

Hang in there.

Allen

Allen Prunty _\\|//_ telnet://livewirebbs.com
    SysOp: LiveWire BBS ///|\\\ FidoNet / Usenet and More ------ #alllivesmatter -----oOO--(_)---OOo----------------------------
    Our Thoughts and Prayers are with the police and citizens of Dallas

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A27 (Windows)
    * Origin: International LiveWire - livewirebbs.com (1:2320/100)
  • From Barry Davis Jr@1:300/5 to Allen Prunty on Tue Jul 12 17:13:00 2016

On 07/06/16, Barry Davis Jr said the following...

Still cant get her to the vet :( Money is very tight here since wife
    was laid off a few months ago. I am checking a place about 45 min from where I am that supposedly has payment plans. I hope that works for me. Just wish I could get some people to help with the gofundme I setup but
    I can also do paypal.

Did you ever get your do to the vet? How did things come out. If I
    had some extra funds I would gladly send them. My friend who is a vet said to look for a charity called "My Dog Eats First" they can give you some dog food to help with expenses then you use the money that you
    would have spent on food for the vet.

Hang in there.

Allen

No, still havent gotten her into the vet. From what I can tell it seems to be kidney stones from what a vet med student from Iowa State was telling me after describing stuff to her.
    I have no problem with food (I switched to a grain free brand not too long
    go.)

The gofundme link is https://www.gofundme.com/2ccpc6k if ya want to send something.

... The number you have dailed...Nine-one-one...has been changed.
    --- SBBSecho 3.00-Win32
  • From Allen Prunty@1:2320/100 to Barry Davis Jr on Mon Sep 12 22:50:00 2016
    It's been a while since I asked... with major eye surgery and some
    challenges I had to face myself I let things go to the back burner and
    did not want you to think I didn't care.

How did things work out with your pet? I hope that your Dog is doing
    much better now.

Allen

---
    * Origin: LiveWire BBS - Telnet://livewirebbs.com (1:2320/100)